Balance and relax the head, neck and shoulders.
Indian Head Massage
Home Study Course
Harmony House is an IICT Approved Training Provider. All our are students are eligible to join the IICT.
Students in Australia and New Zealand may also obtain their therapy insurance via the IICT.
UK and Ireland students can purchase your therapy insurance from Westminster Indemnity Ltd
What is Indian Head Massage?
Indian Head Massage as the name suggests orginated in India.
During Indian head massage the head, neck and shoulder areas are gently, firmly and rhythmically massaged until the pressure and tension begins to flow away.
Indian Head Massage helps to:-
- Increase blood flow to the head, neck and shoulders, which improves circulation and helps to remove waste products from tired muscles
- Relaxes the muscle and nerve fibres of the head neck and shoulders which improves muscle tone and flexibility
- Improves circulation to the skin and hair which encourages cell regeneration
- Increase the circulation to the scalp to promote healthy hair growth
- Increase the supply of oxygen to the brain to help relieve mental fatigue
- Relaxes and soothes tense eye muscles to relieve tired eyes and eyestrain
Why Learn Indian Head Massage?
If you are wanting to start out as a holistic therapist or just want to add a new treatment to your list of available therapies, then Indian Head Massage is for you.
The great thing about it is that:-
- You can perform the treatment over clothes as well as on skin.
- You need minimal equipment to perform the massage
This means it is very mobile treatment that can be performed at virtually anywhere.
Also Indian head massage is an excellent treatment for people who work long hours at a computer or workstation.
These people tend to suffer from stiff neck and shoulders from holding their arms up to work at the keyboard, and looking at the screen. Their eyes will be tired from looking at the screen
So it is a fantastic treatment to offer to corporate clients, as you can go into their offices to work on their staff, as you will relieve their aches and pains and make them more alert.
Our course provides you with a thorough knowledge of the art of Indian Head Massage.
Our courses are directly downloadable, which means that you can start straight away and tailor your learning to your lifestyle.
- The Benefits of Indian Head Massage – You will learn about the benefits of having an Indian head massage treatment. This will help you to produce your advertising material to sell your new therapy to your existing as well as new clients.
- Anatomy and Physiology required for Indian Head Massage – You learn the about the structures of the head, neck and shoulders so that you have the knowledge to explain to your clients how the treatment may affect their body and improve their well-being.
- Health and Safety – We give you the health and safety requirements needed to ensure your Indian Head Massage treatment is safe for you and your clients.
- How to setup the equipment for an Indian Head Massage – We will show you how to set up a treatment room for your treatment with easy to follow instructions, along with practical video demonstrations of the equipment you need, and how to set it up.
- How to perform a Client consultation – Performing a client consultation ensures that you understand any problem areas that client may have and how they think the treatment will benefit them.
- The Indian Head Massage Routine – Step by step, easy to follow instructions of how to carry out an Indian Head Massage. Watch the videos, use the diagrams, written instructions, or follow the audio guide to see how the massage techniques are performed!
- Client after-care advice – The aftercare advice that you should give your client to ensure your client gets maximum benefit from their treatment and so want to come back for more.
The Indian Head Massage routine is described in four formats, all of which will help you to learn the routine.
- A written description – Read the description of each technique. Make short notes so that you can perform the techniques in the order that they are described when performing the massage.
- Videos embedded – Watch the videos to see how the Massage techniques are performed. Then practice the techniques on client until you feel comfortable with them.
- Picture format – You may print off a copy of the photographic diagrams for your own use. It’s a good idea to laminate them to protect them from oil. They can then be used as a visual prompt when practising your Indian Head Massage treatments.
- An audio mp3 file – The MP3 audio file describes in words an indian head massage, and acts as a verbal list describing the order in which you perform each technique, and helps with the timing of the massage. The audio file could be played out loud or, loaded on an mp3 player, which you could use earphones to listen to help you perform the massage.
To play the video’s you will need to open the pdf in Adobe Acrobat reader 9 or above.
Following is a link to download Adobe Acrobat reader 9
How to complete your Course Work
To complete your course work, open the course notes and workbook, fill in the answers and save the workbook!
When you have completed a workbook, send an email to us with the workbook attached.
We then assess the workbook, and provide you with feedback.
If any re-work is required, we will indicate the question numbers that need to be revisited and the relevant section of the course notes to look at.
This process is repeated until the all answers in all the workbooks are correct.
How to complete your case studies
You will carry out nine treatments, three treatments on three people.
For each person you write up a case study, and submit the case study to us for assessment.
We will then assess the Case Study, and proved you with feedback.
Upon completion of the course
Upon completion of the course you will receive you your Harmony House Indian Head Massage Diploma Certificate.
Once you have completed your course, you can purchase your therapy insurance. One provider of insurance for therapists is Westminster Indemnity Ltd.
The Indian Head Massage home study course can be yours for
The Indian Head Massage course is available in Adobe Acrobat format.
You will require 390 MB of disk space to store the Indian Head Massage course, and Adobe Reader 9 to read it and play the multi-media clips.
The Indian Head Massage distance learning course is delivered by direct download upon purchase.
To download your copy, please select the Download course link on the download page. This will open the Download Indian Head Massage course PDF.
Once it is open select save to save it to a destination on your computer. You can then download the course at your leisure.
Start your Indian Head Massage Course
If you want to pay by card, then click the ‘Don’t have a PayPal account‘ link on the Paypal payment page